Friday, February 02, 2007

Influenza A

it has been a harried week here at our house. LK had a raging fever last week and ended up with the flu. means no school. he missed a birthday party on Saturday and a basketball game. he was miserable so everyone around him was miserable. we spent 3 solid days here at home. it was getting colder and we watched cartoons and read books and opened his birthday presents early on Monday.

Tuesday I had a tough day. My wife was also home as she had managed to splash hot oil and steam into her face and wrist while cooking. she usually will not heed any suggestion i offer so we had her call the nurse's line. they told her exactly what i had told her. they spent more time talking with her and getting details and information. she would not take the analgesic though. go figure. it is almost as if it were all my fault. i tried to warn her that she was cooking at too high a temperature, but why listen to me. add in one sick child and i feel like mashed potatoes tonight. i had to keep the kid home for three days and he decided he was ready for school on Thursday.

i missed three pleasant days from work and then had the run-in with one of those never likeable professional victims that seem to be all over my caseload right now. after she gave me a mouthful of her observations on life and religion, she called me right back this morning to tell me how horrible I am and that she should not be talking with me at all. I agreed she should listen to her attorney. but she is trying....always trying and never getting enough encouragement from me. she can't believe that i am not paid to be her cheerleader. it is often incredible to see the expression on a client's face when they find out that i am really the child's worker and court liaison rather than the adult worker.

home to chaos and mayhem, but it is mine, so here i am...end of the week, and it is colder than imaginable to the rest of the country. but we like it here.

No comments: