Monday, January 29, 2007

Blammo!

From Rodney


This is the way life happens at times. Last week, I was ready to shut off the porch light. My wildly maniacal sister had sent me tottering over the edge. I was tired of being nice and compassionate; frustrated with lack of information. Then out of the clear sky (not blue) she dials my cell phone and tells me my mother wishes to speak with me. I am floored and talk with my mom for a spell. She is very coherent and wants to know why all the family numbers have disappeared. I assure her that I will get her all the many ways she might contact me. I will send her a package of business cards; at least one for all the "estranged" children.

My mother hangs up before I can tell her I want to speak with Ms POA. I call back and simply and politely thank her. I am left wondering though what she has going on. Could it be the message I sent the aging and protection social worker? Could it simply be a softening of the volcanic rock control she has tried to exert? Does it matter?

Friday evening I tried my first modeling portfolio shoot. This is one of the images from that shoot. He and I had a bit of fun. We also had a stylist working with us. She helped him select clothing and she helped get him loosened up while I was shooting. R is a co-worker who wishes to do a bit of modeling. I hope he finds work for two reasons. I did his shoot for free; hoping to get a bit of exposure myself; and I simply hope he gets what he wants as well. Alls well that ends well.

No comments: