Monday, July 02, 2007

Tired Feet


Tired Feet, originally uploaded by unohuu.

This is real...Kids do not have to keep up appearances. When they are tired they let us know. When they are hungry or something does not taste good to them, they let us know. When did we adults make that ambassadorial change? When did we start to hide our emotions and put on the happy face? When did we become artificial?

Today's headlines are about the Supreme Court; the folly of putting a wall between the US and Mexico; the usual number of murders and mayhem in our cities; the pending health care insurance crisis in our country and one item of special note. A dad sacrificed his life to save the life of his child. Heroic. I wonder what that child's life will be like in the future. That is one very special child. Heaven's blessings on this man.

So, some of you are wondering what is going on with my mother and the all -powerful, all-knowing Ms POA. She sent an invitiation from the ADC for the 4th of July open house they are having. I am sure she had this for some time though because attached to the e-mail is her lamentation about not being able to get it scanned. I read this lament and thought "how about just passing the information on to us?" Why the grand production? Why the solicitous attitude. As you can see, I am still angry with her. Not many can maintain that level of vilification in my mind. I guess she is special. Maybe her eyes are bluer than mine.

I have time to write today because I am again on vacation...on a respite from the incessant demands of my job. Look for more thoughts on being real.

No comments: