Monday, July 02, 2007

Sneeze, Drip, Cough

Things have changed. The hot dry weather means that hayfever started a month earlier for me. Itchy eyes, running nose, scratchy throat. The drugs make me drowsy and more lethargic than usual. Inert. But it can't slow me down too much. There are things to do and people to see. Soccer is almost over, but we start gymnastics and pottery for BK when the holiday week is over. That's right. For the first time in my working career (even that is different), I am taking a true holiday vacation. It seems wierd to me since I have always had to work vacations. Whether my FT or PT jobs, I have always been low on the seniority list (factor of switching jobs often). Now though I am one of the old timers.

A good book or two. Some music, games for the rainy days, swim suit and cameras. That's all I really need. Oh yeah, and a PT job to pay for this vacation. Wish me luck.

No comments: