Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sunny CA

from 50F yesterday to possible 90+ today. the flight was hard. kids got bored easily and we were not sitting close enough to each other to keep them entertained. easily through Phoenix except the delay. they rushed us onto the plane even though we were on the same airline. puffing and huffing as Dad and I rushed three youngsters and his teenage son through the airport. the girls were even a bit frightened because they had been "scared" by their brother. everything worked out OK in the end. his wife and SIL met us at the airport and they took the mountain of bags and left. i found my rental and worked my way onto the freeway to my motel. instant traffic jam....yes it was 9:00 p.m. and they were merging three lanes into one so that we could exit freeway and circle around the overpass and back onto the freeway. i can only imagine what a mess that is during the day.

fast free wireless does not work in my room, but i found a Starbucks and logged on anyway. things just do not work here as they should. we have the smarts and the infrastructure, but everybody is so eager to squeeze every possible penny of profit on the short term totally ignoring the possible long term gain and loyalty of customers. has to be a better way.

thinking about what to do here today. could drive to SD to see my "other" SIL. my brother's ex did not bother to call me back. may try her one more time before i leave, but i guess she is one of our strange family members. would just be nice to see my nephew and to see KL anyway. i am not even sure how long it has been. well on with my life anyway. SD is probably too far to drive even though i have a couple days. off to google maps. maybe more later.

No comments: