Monday, March 19, 2007

Coming Home

The President and Cabinet responses to the problems at military hospitals is coming right home. I got a late night phone call regarding my dad, the vet, you know. He was rushed to the ER yesterday. I relied on "intel" from my brother and sister yesterday, but called the VA direct this morning. It started with simple communication with the "0" as I tried to find what room he was in. It was like calling to Bangalor to get a simple question answered about my water bill. It was as if they could not understand me. "I am calling to find out how my father is doing. His name is L____ L________. No, L@@@*& is his surname."
"I am sorry sir, I will transfer you to the nurses station. There is no phone in his room."
"ICU, I am calling to ask about the condition of my father, whose name is ***&^ ((*&^. See that gibberish I just wrote down there. It is more intelligible than the immediate response I received from ICU. Finally someone with a thick subcontinent accent got on the line. We were able to communicate then. I am used to talking with them when I have a question about my computer or credit card. Now we are getting somewhere. But when did the US Military start to outsource jobs and communications?

Maybe if the politicians had to have their medical care done there. Maybe if the politicians actually had to experience what normal people do at hospitals, instead of getting the RED CARPET treatment that they do. Socialized medicine would be just around the corner. The haves really do have it. You know when the hospitals and clinics are looking at the two-tier system. Plebian vs Partrician services. What a laugh? How many of those ding dongs actually might have experienced combat. Stop and think about it for a minute. They wine and dine with lobbyists, get outrageous per diems and have pensions after a brief stint "serving" their country. Feels like more pork barrell politics all over again. The haves get to HAVE more and the rest of us should simply be grateful that we have something left over when they are done DOING it to us.

So where does my sister fit into this? I do not know, but I sure will find a link between her and the greedy. So my quandry now is to decide if I want to tell the forgotten two about what is going on. WWDD? WITRTTD? I can sleep on it a couple of days. I am pretty sure that I can't make that move before I talk with my dad. Who knows what evil lurks in the briefcase of Ms POA and her cronies? Why she might even produce a POA for the Rev. Who knows from whence she might have obtained it?

No comments: