Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snow Day

Tell me if this has any merit at all. I have lived here in Minnesnowta now for about 28 years. Each year it snows and people complain that we get either 1) too little (diehard skiiers and snowboarders and snowmobilers) or 2) too much snow. I can't quite figure it out. It would be similar to people who live in the desert complaining about how hot and dry it is. The way I figure it this snow is a boon. We get some much needed moisture that can melt into the ground (think summer drought) and we get some snow cover for a spell.

What is with all the hysteria about a few inches of snow? Everybody I know has some kind of 4-wheel drive or all wheel drive vehicle. Isn't the snow one of the reasons they drive the gas guzzlers? Most of these vehicles are not off-road at any time. So quit your whining already. And slow down and use those long forgotten winter safety and winter driving skills. The only people I know in a hurry today are the ones who have a date with the medics or death. Slow down. I wanted to leave work early and find a choice location to watch for accidents (with camera in hand) ready to e-mail photos to insurance adjusters (for the right price, of course). See how this disgraceful situation with my sister has turned me into a leech. (you were wondering of course when I was going to mention something about Ms POA, weren't you?)

OK, new attorney who costs more money and will need more cooperation than I think my brother is willing to provide. I do not mind selling off my mutual funds (since I will never likely retire anyway). But it is the principle. Shut up and let us know or simply let us know and go on ranting about the Marvin Gaye solution.

off my soap box now!

No comments: