Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So, What is Next?

no rest for the weary, i tell you. we have moved the holiday spirit out of our house. tree is nude again and so barren. the ornaments and indoor lights are gone. banished back to the basement, storage shed and attic. the gew gaws and knick knacks have joined them until next year. so much for bright lights and the promises of a new year. what is the rush anyway? i have never understood the rush to put it up and then to take it down all over again.

fifty approaching. count down has begun. i have told my wife - no party! she is flummoxed as to how we can celebrate this occasion. i told her no ski trip. how about a nice lunch? that should do it. fifty is nifty. i might save some money here. AARP is calling my name.

still feeling sluggish and under the weather. reminds me of the last time i felt like this in the winter. it turned out to be pneumonia. 10 days of bed rest. i was so exhausted i could only get up to let out Cooper (wonder dog) and get some tea and run to the toilet myself. then i would collapse in my bed for a good 6 hours or so. that had to be one of the toughest times of my life. i missed a lot of work. hopefully, i can avoid that this time around by simply getting some of the rest i need. my birthday would be a good time to simply rest.

have to start writing letters soon. letter to Ms POA, asking her to only contact me in writing. e-mail will do if she does not want to send a letter. i have to let the director of my mother's CNAs know that i would like to see a copy of the care plan so that i can have a sense of when, what and where she is physically, emotionally and spiritually.

No comments: