Friday, June 30, 2006

Portal


Portal
Originally uploaded by unohuu.
the portal represents the Twilight Zone that I work in. This place is a TZ because the rules are different and never predictable. Here is my situation. I lost my first TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) trial last month. The judge took about a month to make her decision. I was flummoxed when she came back with a TPR on mom and a return to custody on dad.

We were granted a few weeks to re-integrate this child into dad's home with Protective Supervision and an opportunity to evaluate the safety of the home for the child. Grandmother changed her mind...that meant I had to look at immediate reunification. My conscience was bothering me. "What part of Child Protection did i fail to understand? FAST FORWARD. The judge orders reunification within 3-4 weeks beginning with in home supervised visitation. The Guardian ad Litem and I show up with the child; the father refuses to allow the GAL to enter and I cancel the visit. BTW, he has requested a new CPSW because...you fill in the blank. STALEMATE.

No comments: