Friday, August 24, 2007

Simple Things


Simple Things, originally uploaded by Lukasia.

I don't often have time during the week to stop and smell the roses. Life always seems more hectic than need be. This week was different. The kids were on vacation with their mother. I had time to enjoy a meal without rushing off to some practice or event, chauffer duty or house cleaning. I had time to think about what I want to do with my life, my photography, my career and my family. Thanks for this. This image is one small part of the extra time that I had. I walked around this train and looked and looked and looked. This is what I saw. This is the Elephant Sitting in the Living Room that we so often fail to notice. It is big and obvious, but in the midst of all that we constantly have going on, we do not notice the details. This is a larger part of something.

Two great things happened otherwise this week. One, someone requested one of my prints. She then created a testimonial about my photography that generated some strong emotion in me. The other also generated incredibly strong emotion. That was one of the foster parents calling to let me know that she appreciated my hard work and dedication on the case that most recently resolved. It is nice to have recognition for what we do. I should offer that in return to someone who I sincerely believe deserves it. Look around you; find someone and give that person a genuine complement. See how it makes that person feel and perhaps behave towards others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your photographs. You have such a good eye. I'm glad you got some positive feedback for a change. ~deb