Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just One Brief Pause


Just One Brief Pause, originally uploaded by Lukasia.

Everybody is watching someone at the fair. My son was tired and we took a few minutes for him to put his feet up on the wall. While I was there I had a chance to really look at the people at the fair. They were coming from all over the place as we sat by the main gate. Crisscrossing lines of stragglers, gaggles of gawkers, haphazard groupings of hedonists in search of "something on a stick" to eat. This dad and his son sat down near us for a few brief moments. I wasn't sure who needed the rest more - dad or son. I am betting it was dad since he is carrying the tyke on his shoulders.

Life is filled with poignant moments like this. We get to see what is going on if we simply stop long enough to disengage from the maelstrom. This morning I am going to pick up an internet colleague to deliver a lens I sold to him and to carry him and his wife to the airport. They are from Norway. This is a pleasure for me. All because I elected to stay home and take care of the kids.

My sister (Ms POA) has sent me a note indicating there will be some caregiver changes for my mother. It starts in its usual cheery style. I still ask myself what she has to be so bubbly and cheery about. Time will tell. The attorney indicates we are waiting to hear from the appellate court and that it could take months. Of course, this is how fast and accurate the justice system is. With this I better close, before I end with some vitriolic rant about fairness and being kept from my own mother.

No comments: