Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ideas

So I have this idea that a few good men need a lot of good press. I am talking specifically about your average African-American Joe. We have had a bad run of press lately. Sports stars behaving badly. Rappers and hip-hop artists saying doing and being outrageous. I have this idea that your average everyday non-African-American needs to know that we are pretty much just like they are. I'm thinking that the media does a poor job of showing just how boring my life really is. I don't have anything to do with dog fighting, raping women, abusing my spouse, or doping it up for sports or avoiding life.

Oh what is there to all this? There are just too many people who have some other agenda. I like the idea of showing what the everyday heroes are like. Simple guys who go to work, pay taxes, coach little league teams, mow their own lawns and shuttle kids to and fro. The world needs to know that these guys are the heroes. Those people who just work and play, shop at Sears and WalMart or Old Navy stores. Hunters and guys who like to fish on weekends or play a little soccer, golf, football, basketball, or swim. So tell me what you think. Will this calendar sell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, no. ~deb