Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Trial


Chicken Sculpture
Originally uploaded by unohuu.
Again in the middle of a multiple day trial. I have to sit across the table from the mother that I will be testifying about as an unfit parent. Makes my stomach do cartwheels.

Maybe if I am lucky we can have some sort of semi-settlement. What would I settle for? How is that possibly in the best interests of the children? What part of unfit do I fail to understand. This is not some kind of political mumbo-jumbo. I do not have a spin doctor (publicist) that can re-phrase my thoughts into a positive light.

Here are the basics:

She drinks to excess to often.
When she drinks she does mean things to her children like fighting with them.
She has a history of horribly abusive relationships. If she can't protect herself and excercise clear judgment about the relationships, how can I trust that she will look after the vulnerable children?
She is manipulative!
She refuses to accept that any of the above is true (even only at times).
She burned her own house down while arguing with her drunk and abusive boyfriend.
She doesn't really want to parent the children. She has been making deals for more than a year now. Somebody else take care of them, and I will be ready in about one year. Ican't imagine telling those kids they have to wait to see if their mother is ready to love and care for them.

No comments: