Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sweetness


Sweetness
Originally uploaded by unohuu.
i was worried. this was my first paid child portrait. heck, it was my first portrait session, period. mom was 45 minutes late getting here. i thought maybe she changed her mind and simply wanted to go to ProEx or JCPenney portrait studio. i dutifully set up my lights and a backdrop and had my wife pose so i could set the background light and the mainlight. it worked. although this was not perfect, it was damn close. that little studio lighting class really was worth every penny i paid to attend. meet my little model. her mother is my wife's friend. she and her husband just recently signed the divorce papers. i have been offering them both some portraits of their darling daughter for months now. mom decided to give it a shot. i made her an incredible offer - cheap setting fee and you can keep the disc. i agreed to shoot some medium format as well. i hope to leave those negatives to be developed tomorrow and pick up early next week. my little angel squirmed and fretted but settled down and apart from the flash burn on her arms, all things came out fairly well. i wish i had been able to keep the flower in the frame, but i was actually watching her face instead. live and learn. hey, want a cheap portrait before my prices go up?

No comments: