Sunday, November 11, 2007

Onyx


Onyx, originally uploaded by Lukasia.

I really needed some joy in my day. Yesterday a couple co-workers and I got together to start her jewelry catalog. She brought crackers and cheese, a bottle of vino and some sausage. One applied makeup while I shot with the models. One pulled out jewelry so that we had a nice assembly line going.

Today my wife went to pick up our son from the sleepover that resulted from the failed birthday party. See we all tooled off to the skating rink and waited for Mom and the birthday boy. She called to say she was having car problems. She called back an hour later to say it just wasn't going to happen. The two boys I was supervising had presents and money to spend. We arranged to get the boys off to the house of the birthday boy. My son decided to sleepover. Fast forward to the beginning of this paragraph. When my wife arrived, there was no adult in the house. The birthday boy just turned 10. He did not know where his mother was. My wife called me and I in turn had to call the screening unit. My guess is that even though the aunt showed up later, the police will still have taken the three children off to shelter for the night. This really shook up my wife.

Today was the Circus of the Heart. I shot portraits for families this afternoon. We printed them out as fast as we could. I think it was somewhere near 125 or so. Everyone was thankful. Surprise to me that they gave me the 2007 Volunteer of the Year Award. It had a plaque and some chocolate. Good deal.

No comments: