Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Faded Memory

Those last few days of our fall were glorious. I captured this young lady relaxing on a park picnic table during one of my last few supervised visits outdoors. That visit has now been suspended indefinitely by the judge. She did not seem to care that this is what the little girl needed and wanted to do. I often do not understand how our court system functions. The mission is to concentrate and focus on what is in the child's best interests. Of course, the child's best interests almost always includes something to do with parent's rights to the children. This day has proven to be a total schlub. His denial is palpable. He understands nothing of the trauma he is responsible for in his daughter's life. All he knows is that we "took" his child away from his ex-GF when she slapped her in the face and left a mark. He denies that he had abandoned her at this GF's home while he was flittering about like a bunny rabbit who just found out he has testicular cancer and would father no more little bunnies. I kid you not, this man had been arrested earlier this year when he went to ex-GF's home to pick up his possessions (but not his daughter). She came home from work, where she found him and new GF in her bed. He had been drinking. Such is the nature of this beast. At least I have work and plenty of stories to regale my grandchildren with when I am not able to carry on with this insanity any longer. Tell me a horror story related to your work. Posted by Picasa

No comments: