Monday, September 22, 2014

Ying Yang

I am out walking Dasher this morning.  The air is crisp.  The light is dim.  There are few people in the streets.  I am thinking about recent events and changes in my life.  Then it hits me.  Once again, just as I think that it is done, that I am ready to move on, I realize that I can't skip this piece.  It is something that simply has to be done.  I can wince and wail.  I can pretend and I can feign completion, but that will not make it so.


In order for me to be done with this last relationship, I have to take the risk of being in the next one.  I have to be vulnerable to being loved and hurt again.  I am not sure that it means I have to love someone, simply that I have to be willing to experience the pain I have hidden myself from.  The ying and the yang of life.

No comments: