Sunday, September 28, 2014

Stirred and Ground

I took the dog out for a walk this morning.  We bumped into at least one person I have worked with in the past life.  She asked about me and I shared briefly my escape back into genuineness.  I sat on the porch this morning and watched the neighbors and birds, and squirrels come to life.  While I sat I listened to Pandora - Melody Gardot station.  Artists that appeared:
Etta James
Melody Gardot
Renee Olstead (new to me)
Esperanza Spalding

Some bossa nova, some French-language songs.

As summer splashes into autumn
And the leaves dry and krinkly are crushed under boots 
As the days shorten and cool
While nights envelope us in her favorite tool
I think of you and laughter and dancing eyes
Lilted voices and casual strolls through krinkled leaves
Minutes melting into hours
Phone calls crossing nebulae
Light bending while sound warps into joy 
Hearts laughing and open filling with glee

Fear at bay for now  



No comments: