Monday, December 10, 2007

I Don't Want to be Here Anymore!

My daughter managed to forget her key to the house again. She used this as an excuse to hang out with her friends for three hours this afternoon. She was so cheery when I tracked her down at the friend's house. Of course, she walked in the door angry and ready to shoot bear. I tried to engage her in the simplest of conversations, but she gave me the cold shoulder. I put my foot down and told her I could simply wait it out. I then told them (her) about my taxing day. I think I got her attention. She talked and talked and talked. Then after the talking came the spewing of many days (maybe weeks) of unmoderated anger. Dumping all her hurts and fears on her dad. I listened and she played her best pity cards; you don't give me strokes or good feedback; you don't listen to me; I am always wrong. No go. No tears from me this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kids are some of the most frustrating creatures on earth. :) I have seen 4 of our 6 reach it to adulthood and I'm still alive to speak of it. :D