Friday, October 12, 2007

Sorrow

Another family with another TPR...Mom's was voluntary; Dad's was not. I stopped by supervised visitation today to tell him. He wanted to put on a show for everyone. I resisted and patiently waited for him. The little girl cried and cried when he snatched her away from the foster parent. It was ugly. She cried for almost 15 minutes. Somehow she was soothed and calmed down. The sounds of these children crying is nerve grating to me. Especially this SOB dad who is so disrespectful to everyone. I am tired of the snippiness and disrespect that surrounds me. Everyone wants something but few are willing to give something. I am not looking for a fair trade or an even deal; I simply want to know that others appreciate the energy and time and love and patience and understanding that often goes into what is given. Is that too very much to ask?

1 comment:

Brianne Hudgins Photography said...

I can't imagine how ungrateful your job must seem most days ~ but I wanted you to know that I appreciate what you do. You probably weren't in NC 27 years ago, you weren't the one petitioning for the TPR in my case ~ but you've done it for countless other kids who weren't able to thank you. Hopefully somewhere in the next 27 years they will see how necessary it was, and what a blessing it was for their lives. Hopefully in 27 years you will get their thank you as you sit in your retirement home in Hawaii (that's where my social worker retired!)

The incubator signed her rights over willingly, the sperm donor didn't even know there was a TPR in place when he wandered into the CPS office 6 months later & just wanted to know that my new family had a dog ... he considered that to mean that I was in the perfect home.