Friday, October 05, 2007

Autumn Day


Autumn Day, originally uploaded by Lukasia.

A year has passed since my mother last graced the home where I live. She is still be held captive by an uncooperative sister who presumes to know all because she is an attorney. This continues to gnaw at me. These are the autumn years of our mother's life and she is being held ransom for some small amount of money. My sister is really not all that different from some of the most vile clients with whom I have worked (suffered) in my many years as a probation officer and child protection worker.

The energy she expends fighting family could be put to good use. Since she is the "smartest" of all the children she should best see how devastating the past few years have been to our family. She most capably as an attorney could use the law to rectify what she started. She most certainly could use her superior intelligence to course through the institutions and bureaucracy to give her the golden years that our mother worked so hard to achieve.

Alas, that is not the case. Intelligence and brilliance turned away from good is simply evil. Nothing can change that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the most incredible photo of your beautiful mother. I remember it from last year and it just makes me want to cry for her.