Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sinners


Let's Make a Negative a Positive, originally uploaded by Lukasia.

One part of me wants to know what goes on inside a place with this kind of name. Knowing that it is in the sex district also makes me certain that the name is just the tip of an iceberg waiting to sink my seaworthy relationship if I should be found anywhere near this. Lots of ideas and lots of suggestion. That is a woman's body in neon for me. I can imagine that she is partly clothed or nude. But what is really the point of a place called sinners. Imagine the boys spouting off to the wives that they are headed out to Sinners for a beer. Protests come from the wives and GFs but the men ad lib and tell them that the TVs are special here. Or perhaps there is a certainly quality of conversation that can only be found in a Sinners-like environment.

But that is not really the issue for me. Why do we still have places like Sinners? Are our sex lives so poor that we have to go out and ogle strangers? What is it that we get when we see the women spread-eagled or whatever your fancy? I am not sure that it would mean much to me at all. Or maybe it is that my hormones are low and I could use a testosterone boost! Who cares is what I say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five minutes on Craig's List will tell you that yes, our sex lives are that poor. So many people looking for something, anything. ~deb

Jonathan Beckett said...

I would imagine it has businessmen away from home, and very lonely people who don't realise they are never going to meet anybody in a place like that.

I remember watching a TV programme a year or so ago that interviewed the owner of a strip bar not that far from us - and a couple of the "regular customers" agreed to be interviewed. It was hard not to look down on them...