Friday, December 08, 2006

Merry Christmas, Baby!

This is Me...

This is the face of the evil man who abused his mother. I was supposed to be more sinister looking....maybe with a jail or prison tatoo. of course my sister has not had me arrested yet. she did that to my sister (that should read our sister, but family status is rapidly changing). i think i would have a tough time holding dear someone who purposefully had me jailed and then ignored this simple oversight. so i took this photo in the new studio i am sharing with a couple of other photographers. i should have had my contacts on this day...maybe i would not have dropped that very expensive and near impossible to find flash tube. but i did drop it. i probably will not be able to replace it and will need to have a new flash soon. really do not want to spend the money, but i really do not want to go back to having just one light. oh well, if i had not just spent so much money on attorney fees and airfare i could have easily paid for a new lens, a new light and lots of presents for my children and wife. but that was my simple choice. assist my family or splurge on my family. wonder what Ms POA will be doing this year for Christmas? i understand that she will be taking a LOA. she has some plans to do something that no one knows about yet. of course, her plans will include our mother. Mom can't be beyond her control and abuse for too long. she might have the freedom to make some of her own life choices again. of course, Stockholm Syndrome is tough to diagnose in a senior citizen.

what's in your photo scrapbook? mooks like me, i hope. most of us are simply good honest people. most of us are not the CSI type criminals we see everyday on prime time TV.

we are a minister, social worker and an international organization developer. we are not the monsters that they would have you believe we are. yes, i held my mother's arm...i held it gently and supportively so that she would not stumble. of course, it depends on what one wanted to see.

1 comment:

Carol Luther said...

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/articles/article.php?artID=469

Love and Stockholm Syndrome: The Mystery of Loving an Abuser

By Joseph M. Carver, PhD

Nuff said! CK