Monday, December 11, 2006

Hmmm...

Arsenio Hall used to have a portion of his show that focused on things that got you to really think things through. I always enjoyed that part of the show. We are so trained to simply believe the tripe that we are fed that we often times suffer needlessly as a result. Here is one such example. If a POA is not revocable and my older sister formerly held the POA in Georgia, how is it that Ms POA could have that formerly unrevocable POA revoked so that she could snatch it away? How then does one choose to do what is simply an absolute and then claim foul? How can one allegedly so knowledgeable of the LAW assume ignorance of the law? That is a real head scratcher! Nothing more to say. Let's see if the GOBs club (lawyers) is willing to do the right thing when we return to the Halls of Justice next week.

Rush, rush, rush! It is that time of year. We find ourselves trying to be in too many places with smiles on our faces. We are all already stretched beyond the limits. Stress is up in the US of A. We work more and play less than any other "civilized" peoples on the planet. All in pursuit of heart attacks, ulcers, migraines, alcoholism and early death. We have another name for this pursuit (money). When is enough simply enough? Asking Ms POA this question could probably lead to my demise. See there is a chance that she will try to have a defunct order enforced if I should dare show in court. Flaunting her legal muscle. What would that be? Machismo does not fit. Chauvinism comes close but is too demure for the kind of megalomania that she experiences. I will have to simply ask any readers to help me with this coinage. What say you?

Back to court. And back to the trip to Chicago then to Louisville then on to Atlanta. Of course, I will miss more work. I will again exhaust myself and estrange myself from the kids and my wife for the three or four days I will be gone. It is exhausting. That simple much I know. Days for recovery from the emotional and physical ordeal of sleep deprivation and white line fever. Pray that there is no snow when I leave here.

1 comment:

Carol Luther said...

fascism: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control,
extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice, Oppressive, dictatorial control.