Monday, October 06, 2014

notes

I deactivated my Facebook page recently.  I did not delete it.  I simply needed a break from hostility and conflict. I chose to take care of myself because being around negative people is not healthy for me.  I don't usually fend it off well.  But in my haste to escape I forgot that I have posted some of my best creative writing in the notes section.  I am going to copy them over the next few days and leave them here.

Change  July 6


Yesterday is something we have to define for ourselves.
My list looks like this:
consumerism
unabashed use of fossil fuels
resistance to change
hurt and anger that does not motivate me to be better
old ideas that have not survived the tests of time
callousness
statism...
political partisanship...

I can envision a better tomorrow:
cooperation
forgiveness
patience
justice...


Some of the changes take time and thoughtfulness, but maybe cooperation can invigorate the process. It is a journey not an event. 

No comments: