Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Slip-on Shoes

My sister and I had time to talk while I was driving and more after I got back from Chicago. My brother is now focusing on all the things that his family did not provide for him. He is annoyed or angry that our father made it to only 1 football game of his...he fails to recall the many other gifts he received from the family. I told my dad that I recalled him giving me an egg and sausage sandwich when I had missed breakfast once as a child. It was a big deal for me; apparently just parent fodder for him. That is the way that life is. We make mountains of molehills and expect that everyone attaches the same emotional significance to an event. That is big and small. So, apparently, the brother eventually started wearing slip-on shoes because his older siblings tired of tying his shoes and he was reluctant to learn. Tough being the baby in a family. I think we middle kids have it easier. Lower expectations (excepting the princesses in my family).

No comments: