Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Twenty-six Years

It was twenty-six years ago today. Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play. This was my first wife. College buddy, fantastic friend over the years. She writes. Read her stuff. She creates jewelry. Buy her stuff. She is a great mom. I watched her as I struggled through a myriad of relationships. We stayed in loose touch with each other.

Given the state of my own family now, looking back through the years, I see patterns. My sister is the only one who has remained consistent through all of this. My sister manages to live and let others live as they wish. My two horribly selfish and and egotistical sisters have been nothing more that wall covering. One is a serious narcissist; the other a histrionic borderline. If they were clients instead of family I would be recommending medication. But then neither would listen.

Now I sit and wait for those precious moments when my mother is lucid and coherent. I hope that she recalls who I am each time I call. I know that she is overwhelmed by the sheer audacity of Ms POA and her hired CREW, but in a corrupt and inept system designed to protect the status quo, we must be patient.

Today my soon to be a teenaged daughter asked if I approve of GWB's politics. I was emphatic in my response. I know I have said this before, but it merits repeating. For a bunch of folks who want libertarian-like small unobtrusive government, the Republican Party sure does seem bent of intruding into our lives. Abortion, non-traditional marriage, fixing gas prices, sponsoring a state religion and mandating English as our national language. I think they are just the puppets of their true masters - Business as usual here in the USA. Give business what they want even if it is not in this nation's best interests. Give business what they want less they should pack up and move to a less environmentally conscious place. Maybe they could all move the Mexico and eliminate the need to build the very long fence. Maybe they could all move to Sri Lanka or India where they desire to work is strong. Maybe they thought of that and realize that business is afforded protection here that they can't get else where.

enough said. buy some jewelry from my ex-wife and say hello to her from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out ex-husband of mine! But our anniversary was on the 28th - not the 29th! Wasn't it?