Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Banquet

My plate runneth over with misery. Today I had another default TPR. That means the parent did not appear in court. Easy for me, but a sure sign that this child has been abandoned. That simple act will be a traumatic experience for this child for many years when she is able to understand what it means. Each one of these TPR trials take another piece of my soul. I have to find something positive and cathartic to replenish myself. This is actaully painful for me. I want to simply fall into a fetal posture and let the pain of all this world run out of me. Unfortunately, I am not going to do that. Yes, I know this is a benefit for the child. She will have a chance to be adopted by a family that wants her; live in a home where she is valued and loved. She can get the positive nurturing she will surely need in order to become the first female president of the USA. She will have courage and strength beyond my simple comprehension. If you say something often enough, perhaps you can move the truth in that direction. I have to believe that this is now a possibility for this little girl. See she is just 5 moths old. She was born with a bit of cocaine in her system and she may have some developmental hurdles to overcome. I have faith that nurturance can prevail against nature this time.

No comments: