Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting


Waiting, originally uploaded by lucienphoto.

...for the end of the world. What should do in the mean time. The Mayan calendar predicts this. We should prepare somehow? We should probably all quit our jobs and spend time with our loved ones. We should end air travel and simply go back to horse and buggy. We should all gather around the campfires and tell wild stories of our exploits and deeds.

The world may end in 2012. In the meantime, we will still have hunger, pain, dysphoria and new strains of flu to confront. Of course, we will also still have love, children, joy to make the transitions easier.

What might we do to fulfill this prophesy? I do not know. Perhaps none of us do. Perhaps it simply is. What messages have we been given to heed? What warning signs? Does global warming count? Does MAND (Mutually Assured Nuclear Destruction) count?

I will leave here soon to shower and report to work. Today is a court day. I have to tell a judge new to this case that a mother has not completed nor adequately participated in her case plan, and now we are considering transferring custody of her daughter to some one else. It will be an emotional day. It will suck the energy right out of me. It will injure my immortal soul. It will forever change me.

These two eyes will be watching me. Waiting to see how I cope with this. Will I bring it home? Will I be aware of how it is affecting my relationships with those close to me? Will I embrace that fateful day in 2012 when the world comes to an end?

No comments: