Tuesday, January 01, 2008

 
 
 
 

Sometimes you just have to go on and do what you know you should be doing. I worked yesterday and was really tired when I arrived home. I thought I might simply like to open a nice bottle of merlot or slip back out to the liquor store to grab some Irish Cream. But we had plans to visit friends for New Year's Eve. These friends have two daughters that are in my Sunday School class. They see me regularly and like me. We have also taken care of their dog when they have been out of town. So we showered and dressed and headed out the door for the 30 minute drive across town on New Year's Eve. My wife was driving because she prefers her style to mine, even though she has creeping night blindness. I sat quietly and snapped some photos on the way. Downtown at dusk; the tunnel, and some interesting lights. Nothing worth keeping. We were moving along at 60mph and I didn't really anticipate a keeper from the bunch. But it was experimental. Play with the shutter; play with the ISO.

There was another couple there. Older, golf buddies of the husband. We had met them before but really had not gotten to talk with them.

The girls were on their starlet best behavior. It was raucous and fun.

Great dinner - roast, potatoes, gravy, and a kickin' salad with pecans and apples and greens. We polished off a couple bottles of wine...one we had not heard of that was awesome and inexpensive (tasty and cheap). Oatmeal raisin cookies, cheesecake for dessert and more wine. The group abandoned the table and headed off into the LR for some discussion - politics, personal views and to get to know each other better.

This night ended too soon for me. Have to do this again. Adults and kids.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: