Thursday, October 06, 2016

Petty Offices

I am tired of the pettiness of the political debate here in the US.   I am not sure who thinks he or she is infallible or perfect.  I know that I am different today than I was yesterday or a year ago.

Are you the same person you were twenty or more years ago? Have you committed acts that you view in a different light today? Have you learned from those transgressions? Is it possible that this was part of your journey to who you are now? Let's not evaluate the potential candidates only by who they were historically. I can't tell you how far into an individual's history we have to look. We have all botched decisions. We have each erred in ways that we regret. People tell you who are they today by the words they choose and their behaviors today. Let's use that information to choose the right people for the job. Ignore the sensationalism of this campaign and the bombast and seek the kernel of truth in the messages you hear and see.

No comments: