Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Enough

Sometimes people intentionally push your buttons. I don't know why but I would guess that it is a subtle form of control or manipulation. It is quite difficult to simply resist reacting to the digs and snips and stuff that falls on you in the process of doing life's every day stuff. Today was one of those days...somebody always pushing and prodding and poking at me. I made a sincere effort at smiling today, appreciating the sunshine...laughing at the inane and tossing some caution to the wind. In my life everyone wants something from me...and most often they need it yesterday. Some days I want to pull a Forest Gump and start running - anywhere would be a good start and I could easily get there.

Earlier today my son asked about his grandmother. He hasn't been able to see her in almost 18 months. My crazy sister would not dare "allow" her to visit here. Argh!

No comments: